Hello, poets and poetry lovers! We have a new poetry feature on WE ALL BLEED THE SAME! Thanks to Nathan Say for allowing us to feature his poem “Don’t Wait.” Check it out if you wish! http://spiltinkpoetry.tumblr.com/post/64118188503/dont-wait-by-nathan-say
About Nathan Say:
Nathan Say is a queer disabled performance poet based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. Nathan’s work skillfully bridges the worlds of mental illness, physical disability, and queerness begging us to look inside ourselves in the process. The Other Side of Rain is his debut Performance Poetry CD. It is partially autobiographical and allows listeners an intimate view of his personal struggles with disability, sexuality, and mental illness. Nathan was the coach of the 2012 Las Vegas Slam Team, and was a member of the 2013 BattleBorn Slam Team, where he is also the Co-SlamMaster. He has a full length performance poetry CD, titled “The Other Side of Rain”, and a self published chapbook “How Life Bends”. His poems have been featured on the IndieFeed Performance Poetry Podcast series, anthologized in “Flicker and Spark: A Contemporary Queer Anthology of Spoken Word and Poetry”, and published in “Wordgathering”, a literary magazine for disability poetry, as well as the academic journal, “Review of Disability Studies: An International Journal.” Nathan has performed his poetry in Spoken Word venues and slams throughout the country. Nathan occasionally performs with the KripHop Nation, a multigenerational international performing arts collective of people with disabilities.
- Tina Barton featured on WE ALL BLEED THE SAME! (spiltinkpoetrypress.wordpress.com)
- Rebecca Gonzalez featured on WE ALL BLEED THE SAME! (spiltinkpoetrypress.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Thursday featured on WE ALL BLEED THE SAME! (spiltinkpoetrypress.wordpress.com)
- Laura Lme Featured on WE ALL BLEED THE SAME! (spiltinkpoetrypress.wordpress.com)
- An Open Invitation (spiltinkpoetrypress.wordpress.com)